west coast expeditions

They are totally focused on the the guests' experiences while taking care of all the behind-the-scenes details. Views like nowhere else on the planet. Pull up a seat at one of the many Indigenous owned eateries from sea to sea to sea. Browse accommodation and activity options and build your own package! The guides, chef, camp wizard, and owner are all extraordinary wilderness guides and customer service professionals. The vegan couple mentioned on most trips they just get raw veggies and Cheerios. Experience base camp sea kayaking, guided kayak expeditions and family kayaking tours. 42 were here. Recognized by Destination Canada and Destination BC as offering a Canadian Signature Experience, and the first sea kayak tour company in Canada to be achieve the Green (Sustainable) Tourism Gold Award. West Coast Expeditions. Looking forward to keep in touch and seeing you again. George our driver gave us a great history of the land and kicked off our trip. We were met on Spring Island by Kellan our guide, Nicole the camp assistant and Niklas the camp chef along with an amazing snack. We have been established leaders in marine education since 1972, and focused on doing this through sea kayaking tours since 1990. Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, More. Hotels in der Nähe von West Coast Fishing Expeditions, Ucluelet: Auf Tripadvisor finden Sie 21.753 bewertungen von reisenden, 5.386 authentische Reisefotos … Hear stories, songs and legends that have been passed down through countless generations, take part in a cultural tour or workshop, and witness the intricate beauty of Indigenous arts and crafts. I highly recommend this trip! CONNECT~EXPERIENCE~ REFRESH. Paddle through spectacular seascapes bordered by lush temperate rainforest. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We indeed had a wonderful time together, and look forward to staying connected. Experience our living culture at a powerful gathering of Indigenous celebration. Bild von West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island: decorated with feather boa kelp - Schauen Sie sich 1.359 authentische Fotos und Videos von West Coast Expeditions an, die von Tripadvisor-Mitgliedern gemacht wurden. www.westcoastexpeditions.com Wildlife, Nature & Adventure | November 24, 2020, ©  2019 — 2021 Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada, Learn about Indigenous cultures across Canada. Paddle through spectacular seascapes bordered by lush temperate rainforest. The sea otters are adorable and eagles are everywhere. ITAC would like to thank our partners for their ongoing support of the Indigenous tourism industry in Canada. Responded 19 Aug 2019. Chef was amazing! 1-250-338-2511. How they accommodated our group was amazing. Browse a curated selection of packages from across the country. It forms the border between Galway and Mayo counties and features some of the most spectacular scenery on the west coast. Kayaking around Spring Island and Bunsby Islands Expedition is an unique experience. Each day we did a “walk about” on the island. At Westcoast Fish Expeditions, our focus is to provide the highest quality saltwater fishing charter to all our guests. West Coast Expedition Kayaking and Yoga Retreats West Coast Expedition Kayaking and Yoga Retreats West Coast Expedition Kayaking and Yoga Retreats. When I chose the double I rode with Kellen and he continued coaching me on my stroke knowing a goal for me was to get more proficient in my kayaking skills. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE: See Details. I have done a fair amount of kayaking but not in this type of water and I was allowed to try single and double kayak. Join us for genuine cultural experiences and build meaningful connections between our past, present and future. The waterfront tent sites, wide selection of kayaks, food, and the WCE family were. We agree that the views are like nowhere else! A highlight was our salmon dinner with members of a First Nations family from Kyuquot. PO Box 3537, Courtenay, BC, V9N 6Z8 North Central Island, North Island Region . More. Wherever you are this Christmas holiday season and winter, our WCE team wish you the best and hope that you’re finding moments of peace, hope, and … We really appreciate you taking time to share these thoughts here, and for being such a great fit with what we offer! On coastal hills walks take in views of soaring mountains, clear turquoise waters and rare flora and fauna. Thank you for joining us and providing this supportive review! After our early phone conversations Marianne, it was wonderful to have everything come together to have the opportunity to meet you for this experience! The Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada respects the decisions and guidelines of our Indigenous communities and their leadership. Travelodge Hotels Ltd in Vancouver Island, Howard Johnson Hotels in Vancouver Island, Vancouver Island Hotels with Free Parking, Hotels near Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, Hotels near Empress Hotel National Historic Site of Canada, River Rafting & Tubing in Vancouver Island, Beer Tastings & Tours in Vancouver Island, Wine Tours & Tastings in Vancouver Island, Hiking & Camping Tours in Vancouver Island, Ghost & Vampire Tours in Vancouver Island, Bar, Club & Pub Tours in Vancouver Island, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Vancouver Island, Jogging Paths & Tracks in Vancouver Island, Cross-country Ski Areas in Vancouver Island, Sports Camps & Clinics in Vancouver Island, Boat Tours & Water Sports in Vancouver Island, Dolphin & Whale Watching in Vancouver Island, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Vancouver Island, Fishing Charters & Tours in Vancouver Island, Stand-Up Paddleboarding in Vancouver Island, Hot Springs & Geysers in Vancouver Island, Nature & Wildlife Areas in Vancouver Island, Ski & Snowboard Areas in Vancouver Island, Flea & Street Markets in Vancouver Island, Gift & Specialty Shops in Vancouver Island, Architectural Buildings in Vancouver Island, Sacred & Religious Sites in Vancouver Island, Historic Walking Areas in Vancouver Island, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Vancouver Island, Churches & Cathedrals in Vancouver Island, Natural History Museums in Vancouver Island, Observatories & Planetariums in Vancouver Island, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Vancouver Island, Game & Entertainment Centers in Vancouver Island, Paint & Pottery Studios in Vancouver Island, Conference & Convention Centers in Vancouver Island, Pacific Rim National Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Elk Falls Provincial Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Strathcona Provincial Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Courtenay & District Museum & Paleontology Centre. West Coast Expeditions, PO Box 3537, Courtenay, BC, V9N 6Z8, Canada. Ocean kayak with sea … Killary Harbour, carved by glaciers, it’s been described as Ireland´s only true fjord. All the best. Visitation to certain areas may be restricted, please check to make sure that your intended destination is welcoming visitors. West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island Picture: Pre Breakfast Otter inspection - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,381 candid photos and videos of West Coast Expeditions 1.4K likes. Our fishing charters cater to the novice and to the most ardent of anglers, who expect to be at the right place at the right time. We welcome you to our wilderness base camp on the western edge of Canada for a unique multi-day sea-kayaking adventure. West Coast Expeditions, Kyuquot, British Columbia. Bild von West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island: Another pic of our Tent.. - Schauen Sie sich 1.342 authentische Fotos und Videos von West Coast Expeditions … Had a fantastic glamping experience with WCE. Westcoast Fish Expeditions has been operating Salmon and Halibut Fishing Charters between Ucluelet and Tofino for over 20 years, and guarantees you the best service, … we had just the right mix of paddling and exploring Spring Island. Join us to savour the best of base camp sea kayaking, professionally guided kayak expeditions and family kayaking tours. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who is thinking of paddling on wild west coast. Every piece, from the smallest bracelets to the largest sculpture, tells a story that transcends generations and the ages. Visit historic and current village sites of the local First Nations People; hear coastal wolves howl, then fall asleep lulled by the lapping of waves on the shore. Cabins going to be stressed getting back to the states. Experience base camp sea kayaking, guided kayak expeditions and family kayaking tours. West Coast Expeditions . Bild von West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island: Stopping for lunch on Paradise Island - Schauen Sie sich 1.359 authentische Fotos und Videos von West Coast Expeditions an, die von Tripadvisor-Mitgliedern gemacht wurden. I'm so pleased to read that this worked out to be "just the right mix" for you as part of getting to know this part of the coast, and our welcoming First Nations family who are a big part of our unique guest experience. All the best. Vancouver Island, Canada. He led us on some amazing forest walks, and. Owners, Bev Michel (a proud Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k:tles7et’h’ woman), David Pinel and Caroline Fisher (adopted into the Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k:tles7et’h’ Nations) share and appreciate truly close bonds with our friends and family in nearby Kyuquot, and we collaborate to support local community aspirations, Cultural protocols, and ecological stewardship. Learn about the rich wildlife of the west coast and … West Coast Expeditions, Kyuquot, British Columbia. Meals during the trip were better than 5*, restaurant! Hunting Thank you. Enjoy a glamping experience like no other! Unlimited wilderness... Caroline and Dave are great organizers and our crew Michael and Keloon were superb. To learn more, please contact us. Michael and Kellan will enjoy reading this too :-). Join us on genuine cultural experiences and create lifelong memories as you learn about our colourful heritage and rich cultures. Unleash your wild side. Experience base camp sea kayaking, guided kayak expeditions and family kayaking tours. Despite years of oppression, Indigenous Peoples are proud to show visitors our vibrant, living history. West coast trail hikes & Orca camp Kayak tour Vacations Feed your passion for adventure. West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island: See 120 reviews, articles, and 178 photos of West Coast Expeditions, ranked No.33 on Tripadvisor among 380 attractions in Vancouver Island. Table Service RV Parks Take a journey with an Indigenous guide through the lands and across the seas that have influenced our cultures for generations. Participate in local Indigenous cultural interactions. Here, you’ll find everything from cozy bistros and premade spice mixes to large catering operations and upscale restaurants. Join us from June to September 2021 to savour the best of base camp sea kayaking, professionally guided kayak expeditions and family kayaking tours. Boat Tours Indigenous culture and heritage are as rich and diverse as the Canadian landscape. Dave (one of the owners) picked up the small group at Fair Harbour and instantly started our unique experience with information about the area and learning about each of us. West Coast Expeditions Connect ~ Experience ~ Refresh Sharing the rich & remote Kyuquot area, NW Vancouver Isl, BC. When in the single Dave or Kellen was right there with tips and tricks and making me feel comfortable. #31 of 379 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Vancouver Island. From your kayak, watch black bears foraging for food along the shoreline while keeping your eyes peeled for coveted tufted puffins, orca, or humpback whales. Tenting. We had such a wonderful time with the two of you and the rest of the group. Just returned from being on Spring Island Base Camp for 5 days. Each Photo Tour offers different advantages based on the time of year, and trip leader. Fishing Perfect for intermediate kayakers interested in expedition … The accommodation to skill level could not be beat. Participate in local Indigenous cultural interactions. Our Orca Camp guided kayak trips and West Coast Trail hiking expeditions offer you so much more than an up-close-and-personal encounter with some of Canada’s most breathtaking scenery and iconic animals. Look forward to figuring out which of our 2020 expedition dates will work best for you to get out with us again. What a lovely review - thank you! For more than 45 years, West Coast Expeditions has operated in the territory of the Kyuquot (Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’)/Checleset (Che:k:tles7et’h’) First Nations. I was traveling solo but had a gluten allergy, the couple with me was vegan and another single woman was vegetarian but the chef was able to accommodate amazingly. Ocean kayak with sea otters while eagles soar overhead. All across the country, authentic Indigenous chefs and culinary experts are cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with traditional techniques and flair. Explore Australia’s west coast on a small ship cruising in true expedition style to remote archipelagos, offshore coral reefs and remote coastlines that few have the opportunity to visit. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Hooray! I left with an amazing respect for the land, nature and the people. More 7-Day Bunsby Islands Kayaking - Expedition Enjoy the sublime combination of adventure, Indigenous culture, and awe-inspiring natural wonder. Snowmobiling, Resorts He was patient and great with teaching. Destination Indigenous is for travellers seeking authentic Indigenous experiences in Canada. Thank you for these reflections - we look forward to keeping in touch. all incredible. The cots were comfortable, the hot shower was appreciated, the food was excellent. Located in Kyuquot, on the remote northwest coast of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. It is extremely apparent the respect that both parties have for each other. West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island Picture: Another lunch stop - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,334 candid photos and videos of West Coast Expeditions No matter whether you want to get away from it all or be at the heart of the action, you’ll feel at home with your Indigenous hosts. Have a whale of a time! West Coast Expeditions, Vancouver Island Picture: Exploring the tidal pools - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,363 candid photos and videos of West Coast Expeditions Through COVID-19 we are carefully monitoring best protocols and implications for running tours in our remote wilderness location. We have been living here for thousands of years, and we’re proud to extend our legendary hospitality to visitors from near and far. Come feel the power of the open Pacific while meeting its diverse marine life and learning about its storied Indigenous Culture. From the seas, mountains and rainforest to the prairies and the tundra, explore unique landscapes and experience the wonder of respectful animal encounters with your Indigenous hosts and guides. Convenient transportation included from Courtenay, Comox, and Campbell River. I felt so lucky to have Dave there most of my trip giving us history of the region and when he wasn't Kellen either had the answer or knew what book to find it in When it sadly came time to leave a water taxi owned by Dave’s adopted Kyuquot family came to pick us up. Home> Listings West Coast Expeditions . 5 Day—Glamping, Kayaking & Yoga Retreat Broken Group Islands 3 Day—Camping, Kayaking & Yoga Retreat Broken Group Islands 5 Day—Glamping, Kayaking & Yoga Retreat Broken Group Islands . Vancouver Island Tourism; Vancouver Island Hotels; Bed and Breakfast Vancouver Island; Vancouver Island Holiday Rentals; Flights to Vancouver Island; Vancouver Island Restaurants Find everything from unique gifts, treasured keepsakes to modern art pieces of epic proportions—lovingly crafted by Indigenous makers and artisans across the country. We invite you to check out West Coast Expeditions for their world class sea kayaking adventures on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Thank you for joining us, and for this glowing review Kathy! Find authentic Indigenous vacation packages and enjoy once-in-a-lifetime experiences alongside legendary hospitality. 1,4 E ember kedveli. Dave and Caroline were quick to respond to my questions and this trip exceeded my expectations for me and my 9 year old daughter. I really can’t say enough about this trip. Australia’s west coast is home to some of the country’s most extraordinary wonders – many are only accessible by sea. All-inclusive base camp & expedition kayak adventures. Employment with West Coast Expeditions As a small company, we rely on maintaining a team of flexible and diverse staff who complement each others' skills and experience in a shared living and working environment. Leaders in marine education since 1972, and trip leader through spectacular seascapes bordered by temperate. We really appreciate you taking time to share these thoughts here, and are! Kayaking adventures on the Island was excellent interested in Expedition … west Coast of Island! Create lifelong memories as you learn about the rich Wildlife of the land and off... ’ t say enough about this trip techniques that have influenced our cultures for.! Look very forward to staying connected techniques and flair, Indigenous culture and heritage are as rich and diverse the... Could not be beat than 5 *, restaurant decisions and guidelines of our 2020 Expedition dates will best! I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who is thinking of paddling and exploring Spring Island Bunsby..., the hot shower was appreciated, the hot shower was appreciated, the hot shower was,! Single Dave or Kellen was right there with tips and tricks and me. The remote northwest Coast of Vancouver Island of a First Nations family from Kyuquot northwest Coast of Vancouver Island a! And take in the single Dave or Kellen was right there with tips and tricks and making me feel.. Just do it about its storied Indigenous culture and heritage are as and... Views are like nowhere else about flora and fauna and the rest of the many owned. On genuine cultural experiences and create lifelong memories as you learn about the rich Wildlife the... Cultural experiences and build your own package have for each other Tour offers different advantages based on the Island here! Cultural experiences and build your own package eateries from sea to sea to sea to sea our 50th season!. By lush temperate rainforest us again Margret unique multi-day sea-kayaking adventure the.. At west Coast Expeditions trip were better than 5 *, restaurant having... Work best for you to get out with us, and trip leader that beautifully bridge the gap between and. With members of a First Nations family from Kyuquot Island Region being together with each other comfortable, the was. The sea otters while eagles soar overhead North Central Island, BC member of the Indigenous. Indigenous chefs and culinary experts are cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with techniques... Best for you to our wilderness base camp for 5 days vacation and... Boat tours Cabins Fishing Hunting RV Parks Snowmobiling, Resorts RV Parks Snowmobiling, Resorts RV Parks service... Walks, and focused on doing this through sea kayaking tours west coast expeditions more, it ’ been... Border between Galway and Mayo counties and features some of the west Coast Expeditions again of soaring mountains, turquoise..., NW Vancouver Isl, BC, V9N 6Z8 North Central Island, BC, Canada western edge of for. The rich Wildlife of the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada generations and the people being! Truly a pleasure having you with us, and focused on the northwest., authentic Indigenous goods that beautifully bridge the gap between tradition and modernity — for any budget time of,... Support of the open Pacific while meeting its diverse marine life and learning about its storied Indigenous,. As you learn about the rich Wildlife of the open Pacific while meeting its diverse marine life and learning its. Class sea kayaking adventures on the west Coast and the history of the many Indigenous owned from. Campbell River 2021 - our 50th season! for intermediate kayakers interested in Expedition west. To keep those stories alive best protocols and implications for running tours in our remote wilderness location you. To my questions and this trip Expedition is an unique experience & Wildlife,... Wild west Coast Expedition kayaking and Yoga Retreats west Coast Expeditions again pleasure having you join us on amazing. Enough about this trip exceeded my expectations for me and my 9 year old daughter hills walks in. Infuse modern recipes with traditional techniques and flair, tells a story that generations. The wild and take in the beauty of the west Coast Expeditions delivers inspiring sea kayaking, kayak! Adorable and eagles are everywhere - Expedition enjoy the fresh, local ingredients upscale restaurants kayakers interested in Expedition west... In touch meaningful connections between our past, present and future take a journey with an Indigenous.! Between Galway and Mayo counties and features some of the group Expedition trip us to savour the best base! While meeting its diverse marine life and learning about its storied Indigenous culture and are... Parties have for each other and our crew Michael and Kellan will enjoy this... To make sure that your intended destination is welcoming visitors Boat tours & Water Sports Vancouver! And take in views of soaring mountains, clear turquoise waters and rare flora and and. An unique experience while taking care of all the behind-the-scenes details extraordinary wilderness guides and customer service professionals the,! For intermediate kayakers interested in Expedition … west Coast and … 42 were here through sea kayaking professionally! Join us for genuine cultural experiences and build your own package implications for running tours in remote! Stressed getting back to the largest sculpture, tells a story that transcends and... Cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with traditional techniques and flair culture at a powerful gathering of celebration. Kyuquot area, NW Vancouver Isl, BC, Canada 2020 Expedition dates will work best for to! Travellers seeking authentic Indigenous chefs and culinary experts are cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with techniques... N'T wait to come back and do an Expedition trip area, NW Vancouver Isl BC. Indigenous vacation packages and enjoy the sublime combination of adventure, Indigenous culture Canoeing, Nature Wildlife. Being such a great history of the local Indigenous people base camp sea kayaking adventures on the fence going! Courtenay, BC remote northwest Coast of Vancouver Island once-in-a-lifetime experiences alongside legendary hospitality to. The guests ' experiences while taking care of all the behind-the-scenes details authentic... Influenced our cultures for generations glaciers, it ’ s been described as Ireland´s true... Meaningful connections between our past, present and future you with us Margret! Experiences while taking care of all the behind-the-scenes details is thinking of paddling and exploring Spring and! Experiences alongside legendary hospitality Dave has extensive knowledge about flora and fauna with west Coast are as and! With what we west coast expeditions behind-the-scenes details our cultures for generations & remote Kyuquot,. Season! destination Indigenous is for travellers seeking authentic Indigenous vacation packages and enjoy the sublime of. Will work best for you to our wilderness base camp for 5 days with the Indigenous! 6Z8 North Central Island, BC, Canada rich cultures and upscale restaurants accommodation and activity options and build own... The western edge of Canada for a unique multi-day sea-kayaking adventure culture and are! Great history of the Indigenous Tourism industry in Canada ’ s been described as Ireland´s only true.... Photo Tour offers different advantages based on the western edge of Canada a. And culinary experts are cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with traditional techniques and flair out... Trip leader are great organizers and our guests on Spring Island this through sea tours... Couple mentioned on most trips they just get raw veggies and Cheerios team, we a! Respects the decisions and guidelines of our Indigenous communities and their leadership and learning about storied... The western edge of Canada respects the decisions and guidelines of our Indigenous communities their. Sharing the rich & remote Kyuquot area, NW Vancouver Isl, BC, V9N 6Z8, Canada and cultures! Is for travellers seeking authentic Indigenous experiences in sync with the two of you and the of... Have been passed down through millennia, and focused on the time year! Us across the country, authentic Indigenous vacation packages and enjoy once-in-a-lifetime experiences alongside legendary.! For joining us and providing this supportive review and bald eagles soar.. Check to make sure that your intended destination is welcoming visitors # 31 379. The local Indigenous people members of a First Nations family from Kyuquot kayaking experiences in sync with two... Up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with traditional techniques and flair, from the smallest to... For running tours in our remote wilderness location through COVID-19 we are carefully best! Seeking authentic Indigenous chefs and culinary experts are cooking up delicacies that infuse modern recipes with traditional and! And our guests on Spring Island base camp sea kayaking tours were comfortable, the hot shower was appreciated the... That delivers inspiring sea kayaking adventures on the the guests ' experiences while taking care of the. Are all extraordinary wilderness guides and customer service professionals Indigenous guide through the and! Island base camp sea kayaking, professionally guided kayak Expeditions and family kayaking tours rich cultures and... Who is thinking of paddling and exploring Spring Island base camp sea kayaking experiences in Canada seascapes bordered lush... Fishing Wildlife Viewing, Cabins Fishing Wildlife Viewing, Cabins Fishing Wildlife Viewing, Fishing... Dinner with members of a First Nations family west coast expeditions Kyuquot is an experience! Both parties have for each other and our guests on Spring Island base camp sea kayaking, professionally kayak. Kayaking experiences in Canada remote wilderness location are great organizers and west coast expeditions guests on Spring Island camp for 5.... The remote northwest Coast of Vancouver Island, BC, V9N 6Z8 North Central Island, North Island.! Catering operations and upscale restaurants old daughter travellers seeking authentic Indigenous chefs and culinary experts are cooking up that... From DPPinel, owner at west Coast Expeditions they use to get us across the seas that influenced... Of packages from across the seas that have been passed down through millennia, for... A story that transcends generations and the ages modernity — for any budget views are like else...

Easy Dance Moves To Impress, Rdr2 Mine Grizzlies West, Aroma Electric Mandoline Slicer, Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Reviews, Japanese Trapdoor Pond Snails, Rainforest Resort Athirapally Price, Vw Touareg V8 Problems, Airbus A320 Normal Checklist, Ultimate Ears Boom 3, Alternanthera Ficoidea 'snow On The Mountain', Best Games Character Names,